WARRANTY GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
COMMUNITAKE TECHNOLOGIES INC. (“Company") warrants to the original purchaser ("you") that Company Products are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the period commencing upon the date of purchase and continuing for the warranty period specified ("Warranty Period").
1. The warranty is valid only upon the presentation of the proof of purchase consisting of an original invoice or sales slip indicating the date of purchase, model, and serial no. of the Product. Company reserves the right to refuse warranty if this information has been removed or changed after the original purchase of the Product.
2. Company's obligations are limited to the repair of the defect or replacement the defective part or at its discretion the replacement of the Product itself.
3. Warranty repairs must be carried out by a Company Authorized Service Center. Warranty coverage will be void if a repair has been attempted by any unauthorized service center. Company shall not be liable for reimbursements, claims, and damages that may result from the unauthorized repair of the Product.
1. The warranty period commences upon the date of purchase by the first consumer purchaser and continuing for the following specified period after that date:
United States of America – 12-month warranty
Japan – 12-month warranty
Rest-of-the-World - 24-month warranty or the warranty period set by the local country laws and regulations – the shorter of the two.
Warranties on materials shall be compliant with local country law and regulations.
The Warranty is valid for the device, battery (including internal batteries), and other accessories (if applicable).
2. Repair or replacement will be carried out through the Company's Service Centers, or its Authorized Service Centers, or its Dealer's Service Centers.
3. In the event of repairs/replacement of any part/s of the unit, this warranty will thereafter continue and remain in force for the unexpired period of the warranty. Moreover, the time taken for repair/replacement and in transit, whether under the warranty or otherwise, shall not be excluded from the warranty period.
4. The company or its authorized service center/service dealer reserves the right to retain any part/s or component/s replaced at its discretion in the event of a defect noticed in the equipment during the warranty period.
5. Any change of address shall be directed to a concerned service center for continuation or warranty.
6. The Warranty for the unexpired period shall continue after the Product is inspected by the concerned service center and the Product is found free from transit damage.
7. You may have to pay a visiting charge toward inspection, as applicable.
8. In case of any transit damage, the Product shall be repaired by the concerned service center on charges and warranty for the unexpired period to continue.
9. The warranty does not cover the demonstration/installation of the Product purchased.
10. The Company obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing or providing the replacement of part/s, which are found to be defective.
11. Repairs during the warranty period shall be carried on a "Carry In" basis. The warranty does not cover the cost of transportation of Product from the place of installation to the Service Centre.
12. Any part/s of the Product replaced by the Company at its discretion shall be with a functionally operative part.
The above policies are for a warranty service and you will be responsible for any costs associated with non-warranty conditions. Company reserves the right to make final decisions regarding problem determination and the appropriate service option. Exchange units assume the remaining warranty of the original Product.
What is NOT covered by your warranty?
4. The warranty does not apply to cases other than defects in material, design, and workmanship. The warranty does not cover the following:
4.1 Claims for damaged or missing parts after three days from the date of purchase;
4.2 Cosmetic damage to the outer surface/finishing and external parts of the Product, including without limitation cracks, dents or scratches on the exterior casing, screen, camera lens, buttons, and other attachments that are due to normal customer use;
4.3 Deterioration of the Product due to normal wear and tear, including without limitation rust or stains;
4.4 Damage resulting from accidents, misuse, abuse, alteration, tampering, or failure of the purchaser to use this Product for its normal purposes and operating procedures or in accordance with Company’s instructions on usage and maintenance;
4.5. Defects or damage due to spillage of food or liquids or wrong usage of electrical supply & voltage;
4.6 Damage, losses, defects, or malfunction as a result of fire, flood, or other force majeure events including animal or insect infestations;
4.7 General maintenance, password reset assistance, routine servicing and cleaning, updating/upgrading of software, installation of software or applications, Product demonstration, or any service other than repair;
4.8 Defects or damage resulting from testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by Company, including but not limited to the installation of unauthorized software and unauthorized root access, both of which shall void this limited warranty;
4.9 If any part or parts of the unit are replaced with a part or parts not supplied or approved by us or the unit has been dismantled or repaired by any person other than a Company authorized technician;
4. 10 Accessories external to the Product.
4.11 Any equipment/Product which has its serial number removed or made illegible or tampered.
4.12 Use of Products, equipment, systems, utilities, services, parts, supplies, accessories, applications, installation, repairs, external wiring, connectors not supplied and/or authorized by Company, or which damage this Product or result in service problems.
4.13 The serial no. on the Product has been altered, deleted, removed, or made illegible.
4.14 Damage of the battery caused by overcharging or failure to use in accordance with normal procedures. Any of the seals on the battery enclosure or cells are broken or show evidence of tampering.
4.15 Any other circumstance such that repairs would be contradictory or not in compliance with good business practice.
5. Repair or replacement under the terms of this warranty does not provide the right to the extension or renewal of the warranty period. Repair or direct replacement of the Product under the terms of this warranty may be filled with functionally equivalent service exchange units.
Company shall not be liable for any damages of any kind resulting from the purchase, use, or misuse of, or inability to use the Product or arising directly or indirectly from the use or loss of use of the Product or from the breach of the express warranty, including incidental, special, consequential or similar damages, or loss of anticipated profits or benefits, or for damages arising from any tort (including negligence) or fault committed by Company, its agents or employees, or for any breach of contract or for any claim brought against you by any other party. In no event shall any recovery against Company exceed the actual price paid for the purchase of the Product.
This Warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer in any way.
The warranty is in addition to any non-excludable statutory rights you may have. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied or deemed conditions or warranties, so the above limitation or exclusions may not apply to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the warranty expressly provided herein is the sole and exclusive warranty provided in connection with the Product.
Download ICOM CTGED02 Warranty Guide in the following languages:
English; Arabic; Chinese (Simplified); Dutch; Finnish; French; German; Hindi; Italian; Norwegian;
Polish; Portuguese (Brazil); Spanish (Spain); Swedish.
Download ICOM CTGED03 Warranty Guide in Japanese: